I came down with a sinus infection this week, and with yet another co-worker piling into my office, reading time has gotten a little short. However, I did manage to finish three books last week, and I have the reviews almost completed, so they’ll be posted sometime this week.
Here’s what I got from the library:
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill; picked up for the Gothic challenge. I’m really not much on ghost stories, but I’ve heard a lot of great things about The Woman in Black, and I really wanted to read it.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games Trilogy #2); not picked up for any reading challenge, actually, although I will be reviewing it because I’ve reviewed The Hunger Games, and I’ll be reviewing Mockingjay. I loved The Hunger Games, and I’m really looking forward to picking this one up.
- Dark Lover by JR Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood #1); I’ve read rave reviews for this series, and I’m ashamed to say that I haven’t even attempted to read it yet. I have Ward’s other series sitting in a closet, waiting to be read, but this one was calling my name, and who doesn’t love vampires?
- Blue by Lou Aronica (March 11)
- Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark (final book in the Queen of Suspense challenge)
- The Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson (The First Sign of the Zodiac, read for the 2011 Urban Fantasy challenge)
- Juliet by Anne Fortier (read for the Book Blogger Recommendation challenge)
Hopefully I’ll get rid of this sinus infection by the end of the week, and I’ll have lots more reviews for you.