Challenge Date: November 5, 2010 – November 30, 2011
Kelly at Reading with Martinis is hosting this challenge. Click the image above to go directly to the challenge post.
Info and rules (copy/pasted from the info page at Reading with Martinis):
Reading With Martinis is super excited to be hosting its first book challenge! Yesterday, Amazon.com released its list(s) of the best books published in 2010. I love lists and awards, so I am always thrilled when Amazon declares their “best of” books. Amazon breaks the list down into to categories: Editor Picks and Customer Favorites.
Rules of the Challenge
So, here’s how the challenge works. Pick 10 books from the Editor’s list and 10 books from the Customer Favorites list, and read all 20 books by November 30, 2011.
The books from the two lists cannot overlap. It must be 20 unique books.
Books you’ve already read cannot be counted.
Books you read for this challenge can be included in your count for other challenges and vice versa, as long as the book(s) is(are) part of the 20 you have selected.
You do not have to tell me which books you pick, but if you keep a list somewhere, I would love to drop by and see it!
Please use Mr. Linky down at the bottom to let me know you are participating!
Please use the image below to link back to this post, so that other readers can find their way here and join in the challenge.
- Tana French, Faithful Place
- Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken
- Jennifer Donnelly, Revolution [review]
- John Green & David Levithan, Will Grayson, Will Grayson [review]
- Ben MacIntyre, Operation Mincemeat
- Michael Koryta, So Cold the River
- Sebastian Junger, War
- Stephen King, Full Dark, No Stars [review]
- Julie Orringer, The Invisible Bridge
- Jennifer Crusie, Maybe This Time [review]
Additional titles I want to read from the Editor’s list:
- Agaat; Marlene Van Niekerk
- The Unnamed; Joshua Ferris
- Horns: A Novel; Joe Hill
- Before I Fall; Lauren Oliver
- Stephenie Meyer, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
- Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, book 1)
- Keith Richards, Life
- Harlan Coben, Caught [review]
- Emma Donoghue, Room [review]
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay [review]
- Justin Cronin, The Passage
- Rick Riordan, The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, book 1)
- Glenn Beck, The Overton Window
- Vince Flynn, American Assassin [review]